My thanks, albeit belated, to thebestdressup for nominating me for the “very inspiring blogger award”. I am a little bewildered at the term “inspiring”, which makes me think of balding, pipe-smoking literary boffins, but am a very chuffed bunny nevertheless. The instructions, which I hope won’t blow up James Bond-style within five minutes of reading them, are as follows:
THE RULES FOR ACCEPTING THE AWARD:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. (displayed above)
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
As I don’t have any earth-movingly fascinating facts about myself like having saved the universe, obtained an OBE or dated George Clooney, here are seven mundane sundries about your humble scribe:
1) I have suffered from severe cold turkey since I was forced to give up peanuts for health reasons in June. I’m still scared I’ll sleepwalk to the village shop in the dead of night, and be caught in my Mr Men PJ’s by the police, sitting in a mountain of peanuts with my tights pulled over my head.
2) I love the smell of freshly cut grass, and hate standing next to people who have jumped into a vat of perfume before leaving the house.
3) The most wonderful thing I have ever seen was a gobsmackingly beautiful blood-red, mandarine orange and pomelos pink sunrise over an atoll in French Polynesia 18 years ago. It was powerful; skin-creepingly and enormously fabulous. I still get goose-pimples when I think about it. Lesson learned: keep your eyes open, the best things in life are free.
4) One day, I’ll write that book. It won’t make me rich or famous, but hell it’ll be fun.
5) I am convinced that dirty laundry copulates in corners and produces single-sock offspring.
6) I love life, and avoid pessimists and wet blankets like the plague. I often resist the temptation to boot the backsides of self-indulgent misanthropists.
7) Last but not least, I love my family. The older I get, the more I realise just how much my parents have done for me and my siblings, and how much they count for me.
Now for the 15 other bloggers. It’s going to be hard because there are so many brilliant blogs!
1. Our Adventure in Croatia
2. Englishman in Italy
3. Maman Poulette
4. Artistic milestone
6. Mommy man
8. 52 Brand New
9. The world is my cuttlefish
10. La petite banane
11. Caramelize Life
12. Turn around and swim
14. Happiness Stan lives here
15. Robotic Robot
I hope you have as much fun reading these as I do!
Now here are two further instructions:
1) Have a beautiful day.
2) Smile if someone catches your eye – I bet that in 9 cases out of ten they’ll smile back. You may not realise at the time, but an unexpected smile can do someone the world of good.